||I ordered my shed on 9-19 and it was shipped out on 9-24. I received it via ABF on 9-28. The ordering was very smooth & the delivery was perfect! I had all my questions answered before I ordered by Bill. In regards to the actual shed, it came in 2 boxes that weighed about 315 lbs. each! I took each piece out one by one and moved to my back yard where I was building the shed. I will say that when I started this project I thought I could do it in 6 hours based off of having my foundation built (wood foundation on concrete blocks) already and having 2 helpers. We probably could of done it in 6-7 hours if we didn't keep running into issues.
The directions were ok, but there were times when their diagrams left a lot ot be desired and we had to make assumptions that ended up wrong, so we had to re-do the steps. We got almost the entire shed up and were working on the roof when we got to the last 2 roof panels and realized we were off by about 4-5 inches from having it all lineup. BOY WAS THIS FRUSTRATING! We took the entire roof off and tried again...following all the directions to a T. We go to the end and felt the same frustration wondering what in the world we were going to do. We had some bowing issues on both sides and when we pushed each side in it was finally able to fit. Obviously, this is not recommended or a desired action, but it was the only way we could get it to fit. I'm not sure if it was a level/square issue or what, but it was a horrible feeling to not have it fit properly. It's now up and put together exactly how it should be, but the front doors are not lining up correctly (off by 1/2 in). They tell you to shim the back corner to fix this issue. We've had to add too many shims in my opinion to level this. I'm a little worried at this point, but I don't have a choice. I will be tightening the anchors into the wood base tonight.
There are a lot of screws to put in so be prepared. There are also several areas of the directions that make you want to scream as to why they aren't clearer. I was missing an extra piece of one of the shelf supports, but ShedsForLessDirect.com has been very helpful in getting them to me. Overall, I don't think I would ever tackle this kind of project again as it's way more complicated than others made it sound, but it does give you that "good feeling" about doing it yourself and accomplishing something! The shed quality is very good and I'm hopeful this will last me many years. If it wasn't for the few stressful times in putting this together I would give it 5 Stars, but it will have to settle for 4. I just can't wait to clean out my garage and move everything in here!!!
A few tidbits:
- Skylights are not really skylights - you can't see anything through them. They are just slightly more see through than the rest of the shed.
- Have 2 helpers if possible. Especially when snapping the walls and roof together.
- Watch the 9 min Youtube video on how to put this together a couple times before to get a better idea of what you will be doing.
- Make sure your foundation is level & square - will save you time in the long run!
- Needs some sort of push light in the shed because it's pretty dark (even with the windows)
- Directions are not great, but don't try to do things differently just because they don't make sense.
- Be careful to use the right screws. We accidentally used a couple longer screws on the side walls and they went through the entire wall!
- The roof supports that you just place up there (not screwed in) seem worthless and should be screwed in if you ask me. They have a hole in them, but you are told the hole was just how they were made and they are not to be screwed to the roof. Very confusing!
- Need better directions on the door deadbolt system (floor & roof). Still trying to get that to work.
Good Luck with your shed. Hopefully you will have a little better luck putting it together than we did. I do all my own home repairs and projects myself and consider myself better than average when it comes to handyman sort of things, but this was slightly more complex than some other reviewers I've read made it out to be. All in all it took me about 10 hours. I give the shed itself an 8.5/10 so far!
Rating: [4 of 5 Stars!]